Study at the IOA, because…
… you start as a student, and graduate as a professional
- You follow an up-to-date curriculum that responds to the changing reality of opera/music theatre – a professional field getting ever more demanding and selective.
- You participate in a programme that offers education with an independent artistic purpose. The programme’s independent structure is unique in Belgium.
- You work only with teachers who are directly tied to the professional world and who have the experience to prepare young singers and pianists for the complex job.
… the IOA provides intensive individual training
- You follow an individual trajectory, in accordance with your personal needs.
- You receive many hours of repertoire coaching, language coaching, acting and movement training.
- You are introduced to relevant concepts, discussions and knowledge in the areas of musical analysis and dramaturgy.
- You participate in masterclasses by internationally renowned performers.
- Through participating in concerts and projects with different artistic partners, you become an experienced performer.
… the IOA provides you with unique opportunities, aimed to help your future career
- You perform at least one fully-staged role in an opera production with orchestra, with performances in internationally acclaimed opera houses.
- You will audition for a possible internship in an international opera house.
- You are given audition training, and you audition for agents to get prepared for audition selections. Afterwards, you receive individualized feedback.
- You receive tips and tricks on how to get a job, and to learn how to deal with the professional world of agent management.
… Ghent is a cultural hotspot
- You study in Ghent, a cultural hotspot, a historical city full of students and culture, which mark the city and its people.
- Your school is situated in the heart of the beautiful, vibrant and historical site of De Bijloke. This site houses several cultural partners and belongs to a special network of congress locations called ‘Flanders Heritage Venues’.