The following aspects are taken into consideration in the jury’s review throughout auditions:
- Musical (singing/piano) technique:
- Students are able to ‘decipher’ a score’s musical line quickly and fluently;
- Students understand the score’s expression and other indications;
- Students possess the technical potential to sing the arias and ensembles of the repertoire within their respective Fach;
- Students demonstrate a basic knowledge of the existence and content of different musical styles (baroque, classicism, etc.; ‘national’ styles; specific composers’ styles).
- Language knowledge (in communication and in used repertoire):
- Students are able to express themselves fluently in English;
- Students demonstrate basic levels (esp. regarding musical diction and expression) of Italian, French, German and English.
- Presentation (posture, stage presence);
- Growing potential;