Study at the IOA, because
You start as a student, and graduate as a professional
- You follow an up-to-date curriculum that responds to the changing reality of opera/music theatre – a professional field getting ever more demanding and selective.
- You participate in a programme that offers education with an independent artistic purpose. The programme’s independent structure is unique in Belgium.
- You work only with teachers who are directly tied to the professional world and who have the experience to prepare young singers and pianists for the complex job.
The IOA provides intensive individual training
- You follow an individual trajectory, in accordance with your personal needs.
- You receive many hours of repertoire coaching, language coaching, acting and movement training.
- You are introduced to relevant concepts, discussions and knowledge in the areas of musical analysis and dramaturgy.
- You participate in masterclasses by internationally renowned performers.
- Through participating in concerts and projects with different artistic partners, you become an experienced performer.
The IOA provides you with unique opportunities, aimed to help your future career
- You perform at least one fully-staged role in an opera production with orchestra, with performances in internationally acclaimed opera houses.
- You will audition for a possible internship in an international opera house.
- You are given audition training, and you audition for agents to get prepared for audition selections. Afterwards, you receive individualized feedback.
- You receive tips and tricks on how to get a job, and to learn how to deal with the professional world of agent management.
Ghent is a cultural hotspot
- You study in Ghent, a cultural hotspot, a historical city full of students and culture, which mark the city and its people.
- Your school is situated in the heart of the beautiful, vibrant and historical site of De Bijloke. This site houses several cultural partners and belongs to a special network of congress locations called ‘Flanders Heritage Venues’.
- Click the Video below for some testimonials from ‘Ghentians’ from other countries.