Contract: Fixed-term contract
Period: Season 2019-2020
Start: from 1 October 2019
Location: International Opera Academy, Ghent, Belgium
The main part of the function consists of lessons in which corrections and advice is given to the students of the IOA on their German pronunciation and understanding of the sung texts in Opera, Lied and (less frequent) Oratorio. Advising them on how to deliver the text clearly, within the style and required technicalities of the sung pieces. This is mostly on a one to one basis, but ensemble work and entire productions may also included. At the start of the students’ first year, it is advisable to provide a thorough guide to the pronunciation of German and help with understanding of the (grammatical) structure of the text.
Evaluations on a regular basis of the students’ progress is a vital part of the function.
- A very thorough knowledge of the German operatic and song repertoire;
- Excellent German and English (All lessons will be given in English);
- Experience of working with young singers;
- Excellent social and team-player skills;
- Results-oriented attitude.
In the IOA you will be part of a very enthusiastic team. Within the function there is scope for initiative and development, always supported by the team.
How to apply?
- Please fill out the application form (CV and motivation letter are required)
- Apply before May 17
- Questions? Jannahvannevel@ioacademy.be