From student to professional
- You follow an up-to-date curriculum responding to the changing reality of opera/music theatre – a professional field that is getting more and more demanding and selective.
- You participate in a programme that offers education, while also serving an independent artistic purpose. Its independent, non-profit structure is unique in Belgium.
- You work only with teachers with direct ties to the professional world, who have the experience to prepare young singers and pianists for the complex job.
- You follow an individual trajectory, in accordance with your personal needs.
- You receive many hours of coaching in the repertoire, language coaching and acting training.
- You are introduced to relevant concepts, discussions and knowledge in the areas of musical analysis and dramaturgy.
- You participate in masterclasses by internationally renowned performers.
- Through participating in concerts and projects with different artistic partners, you become an experienced performer.
Unique opportunities & focus on the future
- You perform at least one fully-staged role in an opera production with orchestra, with performances in internationally acclaimed opera houses.
- You are given the opportunity for an internship in an international opera house.
- You are given audition training, and you audition for agents to get prepared for audition selections. Afterwards, you receive individualized feedback.
- You receive tips and tricks how to get a job, and to learn how to deal with the professional world of agent management.
Ghent = Hotspot
- You study in Ghent, a cultural hotspot, a historical city full of students and culture, which put an important mark on the city and its people.
- Your school is situated in the heart of the beautiful, vibrant and historical site of De Bijloke.